What’s new in Spectrum Spatial Analyst version 7?
Designed for occasional users or non-GIS experts
Out of the box, browser-based web GIS application that installs in moments.
Works with all current desktop browsers and popular mobile touch devices including iOS, Android and Windows.
This release of Spectrum Spatial Analyst has added a wide range of major new features for end
users and administrators including phase III of the new „mobile-ready“ user interface, which supports
use on mobile, tablet and desktop browsers.
• Editing of features and attribute data: Users are now able to edit both attribute data and map
features. The availability of editing for end users is managed by a combination of table level
permissions and enabling the editing capability in a map configuration.
Users can be given permission to edit:
(a) just attribute data,
(b) attribute data and map features
(c) ability to delete and insert records. Editing is available for any data tables that reside in a
RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, PostGIS, SAP Hana) or in a Geo Package.
• Sector Polygon: Users can draw a sector on the map. The sector can be drawn at any rotation
from its starting point and once drawn the sector radius can be set. This is a new annotation
type that was not supported previously.
• KML Import and Export: . KML import and export of annotations has been added to the mobile
• Custom Queries: End users can now choose to define custom queries in addition to choosing
any queries predefined by admins in the Admin Console.• End user thematic maps: End users can now create their own thematic maps. Range, Individual
Value and Graduated Symbol are supported.
• URL Parameters: Support is added for specifying the X, Y and Zoom in the URL for launching
the mobile ready UI. Support for the remaining parameters will come in a future release.